Introducing CoCalc Boost Licenses!
So what if I need more computing power in CoCalc?
We are so glad that you ask!
– If you have an existing CoCalc license and require additional RAM, CPU, or Disk Space, you should consider purchasing a Boost License!
– You can even specify the exact dates that the boost to take effect (for cost efficiency) if the adjustment to your computational resources is needed temporarily.
– For example, if you have a computationally intensive script to run over the weekend, you can minimize costs by purchasing the boost from Friday to Sunday.
Boost your Regular Site License
Boost Licenses are specifically meant to modify the computational resources of your existing site license. In other words, please do not buy a boost license without purchasing a regular license first.
So How Does It Work?
The steps to using a CoCalc Boost License: First, have a CoCalc account! Then, you can purchase a site license and associate it to that account. A site license provides a basis of resources for a project, (these resources can be readily used by you and your project collaborators at anytime). Often times, there is a reason that for some period, you may have a higher demand for RAM, CPU, or Disk Space. This is in fact why we have created Boost Licenses! You can now “boost” the mentioned resources for your project at anytime, for any length of time, all without the hassle of dealing with someone via simple self-service checkout.
Things to Know About Boosts
- A boost license MUST BE used in conjunction with a regular site license.
- Your boost license run limit DOES NOT need to match your regular site license run limit.
- Academic Institutions, Not-For-Profit Organizations, and their members receive a substantial discount of 40%.
- You receive additional discounts of 10% or 15% respectively via monthly/yearly subscriptions.
- The state of member hosting between a boost and regular site license MUST MATCH. i.e. both must have (or not have) member hosting.
- Your boost license MUST HAVE a matching runtime to your regular site license.
- You can check the runtime of the project you want to boost under settings while inside the project, or check the emailed receipt you received after making your purchase.